San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane (Lazio, Rome)
Kerk 'San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane' (ook: 'San Carlino'), gevel 1667, Francesco Borromini (Rome)
The Church of Saint Charles at the Four Fountains is designed by the architect Francesco Borromini as part of a complex of monastic buildings on the Quirinal Hill for the Spanish Trinitarians, an order dedicated to the freeing of Christian slaves. He received the commission in 1634. The site for the new church and its monastery was at the south-west corner of the "Quattro Fontane" which refers to the four corner fountains set on the oblique at the intersection of two roads. 
similar photos / verwante foto's
locatie in Google maps
naar vorige bladzijde.